NEWS and HIGHLIGHTS
• Desire Pie: screens with Bette Gordon's Variety
Museum Of Modern Art. Feb.3, 7 pm.
• Glass Gardens screens with Emily Hubley's The Toe Tactic at the Museum of Modern Art. Feb.11, 7 pm
• Glass Gardens screening in "Altered Reality" program of "The Real Indies: A Close Look at Orphan Films in New York". Presented by Academy of Motion Picture and Arts and Sciences and NYU. The Academy Theater, Lighthouse Guild. Nov. 1 at 2:00 pm
• Desire Pie at Yerba Buena Arts Center. In the program: "Radical Sex Education Films: San Francisco's Multi-Media Resource Center" Oct. 16, 7:30 pm
• Desire Pie at Light Industry Brooklyn. In the program: "Radical Sex Education Films: San Francisco's Multi-Media Resource Center" Aug. 12, 2014
• Participant: LUMEN 2014
• Participant:, STEAM, Art at the Core, Arts Westchester, group exhibition.
• Desire Pie: Free to Love: The Cinema of the Sexual Revolution, International House, Phil., PA. Jan. 18
• Participant: NYFA IAP @ Governor's Island NYC.
• Participant: LUMEN 2013 • Video and Performance
Lyons swimming pool, Staten Island, NY.
• Participant: NYFA Hall of Fame Benefit
Screened The Flooded Playground and Overgrowth09.
•Recipient: John Simon Guggenheim Fellowship, 2012
•Desire Pie: At the ASN Presents: The Magnificent 16, AMIA Seattle.
•Participant: NYFA BOOTSTRAP FESTIVAL
Showing: 3 Natures Mortes
at Opening Night Reception: February 3, 2012
and at UnionDocs February 11, 2012
•Participant: La Luz de Jesus Gallery, LA, CA
October 7-30, 2011 pm
25th Anniversary Masters Exhibition
Opening Reception: Friday, 8-11pm
• read more here •
•The Flooded Playground
Oct 2, 2011, 6pm
Participant, NYFA Curatorial program at
Big Screen Project, NYC
•Desire Pie: Available soon on DVD from
Tribeca Film Institute's ReFrame Collection
•Desire Pie: Tribeca Film Festival
As part of the program: Independent Women:
15 Years Of NYWIFT-Funded Film Preservation.
Screening and Panel discussion.
• Desire Pie: Museum Of Modern Art
• The Flooded Playground: Participant, NYFA Curatorial program at Big Screen Project, NYC, Nov-Dec. 2010.
• Recipient: MacDowell Colony residency, June-July, 2010
• NYFA animated holiday card_see it here
• Desire Pie: Screened at the AMIA 2009 Conference
• Panelist: Producer's Guild of America
New Media Council presents What's Up, Documentary?
• Recipient: New York Foundation for the Arts
ANIMATION FOR DOCUMENTARIES
André Gregory: Before and After Dinner
by Cindy Kleine, Film Forum, NYC, April 3, 2013
I’m Dangerous With Love by Michel Negroponte
IFC Center, NY City, January, 2011
Phyllis and Harold by Cindy Kleine
• read article in Huffington Post
Louisa May Alcott, The Woman Behind Little Women
by Nancy Porter and Harriet Reisen, 2008
still from The Flooded Playground
Tribeca Cinemas, NYC: NYWIFT
30th Anniversary Shorts Festival
Estación Indianilla: México/New York/Paris
Museum Exhibition, Mexico City
HD Fest: Korea, Finland
winner: Deffie Award for best experimental HD film
Rhode Island International Film Festival
CARTOONS: No Laughing Matter?
New independent animation at Film Forum, NY City:
Lisa Crafts, George Griffin, Suzan Pitt, Andy + Carolyn London, J J Villard, Chris Shepherd + David Shrigley,
and Suzie Templeton.
Seoul International Cartoon and Animation Festival
Jacksonville Film Festival
Arizona International Film Festival
winner: best short animation
Sarasota Film Festival
Reel Women International Film Festival, Los Angeles
winner: best animation
Cine Club El Pochote
Palm Springs International Festival of Short Films 2005
•Available from Amazon•